Sending holiday cards to loved ones is a timeless tradition that many… The post 10 Reasons to Send a Holiday Card appeared first on Ideas and Inspiration...
Tuesday, November 9, 2010
What stream do you live in?
I am proud to say I dont swim in the mainsream of life. I march to my own wild caught Alaskan Salmon stream! So when I read Mommypotamus today I had to laugh. Outloud. So yes I know many mainstreamers think I am crazy. Even my own family thinks the same at times. I don't mind. Although some things I do believe in, I admit to not follow religiously because I am subject to fear at times on whether or not I may be wrong. But this is my list of things that mainstreamers find funny/odd/crazy/etc... about me:
1. A neo-natal nurse shot cucumber soup out of her nose at my friend's baby shower when I admitted our babies slept with us!
2. I do not believe in pacifiers past the newborn stage. Everyone deserves to have their voice heard and express themselves--especially a crying baby!
3. I avoid the pesticide/herbicide aisle at all stores...I actually hold my breath if I have to walk past one.
4. I believe the best way to teach children to respect others is to treat them with respect not demand it from them.
5. I dont give my kids ANY caffinated drinks. I am surprised daily at the sheer volume of people that disagree with this one.
6. On my oldest child's 1st birthday I was worried that too much icing on his first cake would give him a tummy ache since he had never had sugar! I still hear complaints about that birthday cake....
7. I too plan vacations around making sure I can get to Sid's in Taos--a health food store.
8. All about extened breastfeeding. Even used it to make babies cereal. Doesn't your cream of wheat taste better when made with milk instead of water?
9. I know fish is great for you...but only fresh water fish. I dont eat anything farm raised. The thought of it creeps me out!
10. I dont eat veggies or fruit out of a can. I dont freeze anythhing more than a couple days and never pork--freezing only slows the aging process. It does not stop it. (some things direct from the processor that are vaccumm packed are different)
I am really not so different in my own head...