So, your little boy is starting to grow up. Whether you are planning… The post Popular Birthday Party Themes For Boys appeared first on Ideas and Inspira...
Tuesday, November 9, 2010
What stream do you live in?
I am proud to say I dont swim in the mainsream of life. I march to my own wild caught Alaskan Salmon stream! So when I read Mommypotamus today I had to laugh. Outloud. So yes I know many mainstreamers think I am crazy. Even my own family thinks the same at times. I don't mind. Although some things I do believe in, I admit to not follow religiously because I am subject to fear at times on whether or not I may be wrong. But this is my list of things that mainstreamers find funny/odd/crazy/etc... about me:
1. A neo-natal nurse shot cucumber soup out of her nose at my friend's baby shower when I admitted our babies slept with us!
2. I do not believe in pacifiers past the newborn stage. Everyone deserves to have their voice heard and express themselves--especially a crying baby!
3. I avoid the pesticide/herbicide aisle at all stores...I actually hold my breath if I have to walk past one.
4. I believe the best way to teach children to respect others is to treat them with respect not demand it from them.
5. I dont give my kids ANY caffinated drinks. I am surprised daily at the sheer volume of people that disagree with this one.
6. On my oldest child's 1st birthday I was worried that too much icing on his first cake would give him a tummy ache since he had never had sugar! I still hear complaints about that birthday cake....
7. I too plan vacations around making sure I can get to Sid's in Taos--a health food store.
8. All about extened breastfeeding. Even used it to make babies cereal. Doesn't your cream of wheat taste better when made with milk instead of water?
9. I know fish is great for you...but only fresh water fish. I dont eat anything farm raised. The thought of it creeps me out!
10. I dont eat veggies or fruit out of a can. I dont freeze anythhing more than a couple days and never pork--freezing only slows the aging process. It does not stop it. (some things direct from the processor that are vaccumm packed are different)
I am really not so different in my own head...